Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pancakes. I love pancakes. (Waffles too but I don't have a waffle maker right now)

One of my favorite recipes from Niki G's Meal Plan is the oat pancake.  I started making something similar a couple years ago but I forgot about them.

Here's Niki's recipe:

Oat Pancakes 
1 egg, 3 whites mixed with
½ cup dry oatmeal (I use the old fashioned oats because they are less processed then the 1-minute version)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 packet stevia
Cook on medium heat in skillet
Top w/Barlean's - Strawberry Banana Omega Swirl Flax Oil, 1 Tbsp


Part of Niki's plan is that you eat the same food for breakfast, lunch and dinner  for an entire week.

My prep a couple weeks ago!

One week would look like:
Breakfast - Oat pancakes with fruit
Lunch - Turkey Chili
Dinner - Cashew Butter Chicken

I prep ALL (or as much of it that I can) on Sunday/Wednesdays so that I have NO excuses for what I choose to eat.

I started following her plan back in January and now I'm experimenting with all of the meal ideas.  I've added new things and tried different fruits or veggies or seasonings depending on what I like or have been craving.

I have played a lot with the Oat Pancake and have a basic recipe that I've changed a bit from Niki's.

Em's Oat Pancakes
1/2 cup oats - ground up into flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 tbsp ff plain yogurt (sometimes this is greek - depending on what else I'm making that week)
1/4 tsp baking powder
2-3 tbsp water if it's not runny enough

I let this sit for a couple minutes and then cook in a griddle with 1/2 tsp coconut oil.  YUM!


Optional add ins:
1/2 banana
1/2 scoop protein powder - I use Vega Sport Protein (Previous post about why Vega here)

Oat pancake with Natural peanut butter.

No comments: