Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Protein Powders - Cleaner?


I have spent a lot of time reading through different protein powders to find one that is cleaner.

I haven't bought it yet because I still have a few samples to try but I think I am going to use Vega Sport Protein as my protein powder.  I like to add a little protein powder to smoothies or pancakes or bars every once in a while and I really wanted one that is less processed and has very little additives.  Or none.  This one is plant based - and it seems to have ingredients that make sense to me. And it's sweetened with Stevia!

I have also used Whey Protein from Jay Robb.  It's sweetened with stevia and I feel like I recognize the ingredients.  But I'm trying not to take in Whey Protein for now.

I realize that there are probably others out there that are cleaner - and I'd love input from people who have tried some!

This journey into cleaner eating has meant that I read a lot of ingredients.  I still don't know a lot of what I need to pay attention to - I'm learning as I go.  But I definitely feel like I have a much better idea of what I am putting into my body these days.
 
Protein powder pancakes with strawberry yogurt syrup, March 2014


No comments: