Sunday, October 18, 2009

On my own...

Sunday, October 18th

I woke up early this morning so that I could catch the train from
Pennant Hills to the international airport. Thank you Jason for
driving me to the station at 6:30 this morning!

I met the kindest Korean student and his guardian/grandmother on the
train- Andrew and Gam Si Li(spelling?). Andrew is in student in
Sydney to learn English, then he wants to become a dentist so he can
be a missionary. His parents are missionaries in China. So he grew
up in China with them..he speaks English, Korean and Mandarin. His
grandparents are pastors as well. He was so excited to learn that I
work in a church. He asked me so many questions about which
characters in the Bible were my favorite and things about travelling.
He would translate everything for his grandmother...we rode together
all the way to the airport.

I am flying to Auckland, New Zealand with Qantas airline but they are
connected with LAN airlines...so I am actually on a connecting flight
that is heading to Santiago. Everything on this plane is in
Spanish...exciting. I don't know what I was expecting - maybe that
travelling from Australia to New Zealand would be easy like from the
US to Canada...but it has been a little more complicated. It is so
fun!!

I am watching movie and eating some really good food. Next stop New
Zealand.

No comments: