Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Oi! Oi! Oi!

Tuesday, Oct 6


Sooooo...we have left Sydney & have begun our journey up the coast.
We took the train to the airport for our rental car and then hit the
road. Candis drove first- on the left side of the road... I realized
that we hadn't gotten me properly signed up to drive the rental, so
she was the driver. Round abouts are the hardest to figure out...only
one scary situation, otherwise she did great.


We made our way to Newcastle which has an observation deck and a great walkway out onto a jetty. Gorgeous! We have taken sooo many pics - of each other, of scenery and of our food. We ate at the oldest meat pie take-away hut....chicken pie covered in cheese sauce, mashed potatoes & gravy. Mmmmmm... Then we wandered and took in the sights.


Off to Port Macquarie for the night. We stayed at the Hotel Macquarie or "Macca" as we learned the locals call it. Got a double bed with community showers for a great price. Wandered on the water and watched the sun go down.


Settled in early - with plans for an early morning run to check out the walking path by the water.


I have to say that at this point I am so thankful for this opportunity to be here. We are moving faster than I would like but that is so we can slow down on the way back. We are talking to locals and asking questions when we can.


I ask for your prayers about the 2nd two weeks that I will be here...there are a couple different things that I can do but i have to wait and see what comes through.

1 comment:

Adventures with MS said...

I cannot wait to see pictures, so glad that you are getting some much needed R & R!