Friday, October 31, 2008

Last morning in Owerri...

I have LOTS of thoughts about my time here and I know I've included some of the thoughts in my writings so far but I will try to process and share some of what I feel...
Today we got more water for the upstairs...and while were were filling the jugs a funeral procession started out front. So we ran upstairs to watch the procession happen...Interesting.
Then we got ready to head out to the market one more time to buy toilet paper and soap for the kids at the Red Cross Motherless Babies home...when we got there -they just said "Welcome" and continued with their work. So Mare, Chidinma and I started to hold and dance and play with the babies for a while. Man, if I lived here - I would probably come often to hold the kids...
When we come in April my prayer is that we can help level the playground, fix or add playground equipment, bring some books and stuffed animals and just hold the babies...
Now we are back at Mare's eating oranges and she is putting up with me while I am on here.

Blessings to all of you!

Time for me to head back home...I am flying to Lagos tonight and then staying with a family that is connected with Rob Haynes at Fairhope UMC. (THANKS ROB!) Then I leave their house at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow morning(Midnight Friday in Pensacola) to get to the Lagos International Airport...then the crazy long flight to Atlanta and then home by 10:00 p.m.(Pensacola time)

No comments: