Tuesday, September 09, 2008

work? Nah...

Working. I am just not in the mood. What do people who have "real jobs" do on a day like this? I will get some more stuff done today but I am having a real hard time staying motivated. And it's even stuff that I want to do - planning a trip to Africa AND setting up the entire Sr High Retreat...

I think I get like this every Tuesday because by the time staff meeting is over and we all go get lunch together...I have processed my full amount of words for the day! We speak a lot at lunch. :)

And I have so many things to distract me - possible movie watching options, facebook, twitter, staring into space...okay, I don't really do the last one often but I could!

Oh - AND, yesterday I felt like I was in the scene from "Office Space" where dude keeps getting asked if he got the memo's for TPS reports...by people who have nothing to do with his job! Yeah, we get blanket staff emails here when one person doesn't do what they are supposed to, which was me this time. So we all enjoyed a couple of emails reminding us how to gas and clean up the vans and buses when we use them. Which we all know. I just ran out of time after the mid high retreat. It happens. I was making sure that the correct students got picked up by the correct adults with their suitcases! And then had a string of meetings...again, it happens.

Dom Portwood: Hi, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports.
Peter Gibbons: Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bill talked to me about it.
Dom Portwood: Yeah. Did you get that memo?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah. I got the memo. And I understand the policy. And the problem is just that I forgot the one time. And I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore.
Dom Portwood: Ah! Yeah. It's just we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. All right!

No comments: