Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Getting off the bus...


I just realized that I haven't shared that my roommate, Mary Ann is going to Africa this June to work with HIV/Aids Education and to work with kids who have been orphaned for an entire year through UMVIM(United Methodist Volunteers in Mission).

We watched the movie Hotel Rwanda almost 1 1/2 years ago and she looked at me and said, "I have to do something, I can't just sit here." Well, it wasn't that verbatim but it was along those lines. And now, she is going. She has a HUGE heart and is living out what she believes is her call to give her time, her love, her touch and so much more to others especially children. Please go to her blog to read more about why she is going and what is happening in Kenya these days.

The reason why I am writing this is because she is still trying to raise money and awareness about her trip over there and I thought that some of you would be interested in following her story over the next year...

So invite her to come speak and help her raise the $15,000. The other crazy thing is that while she is at Nakuru UMC they are going to try to raise money for 4 dormitories that cost $12,500 each and part of her desire is to take some of that money with her. I think she can! And we can help her do it.

She had a local write up in the Pensacola Real Estate News today, which is very exciting!

I am enjoying watching this story unfold.

Praying for you, Mare!

No comments: