Tuesday, February 12, 2008

February 12, 2008 thoughts...

So it's pretty much the middle of February in 2008.
5 years ago I was packing and organizing and getting ready to hike 183 days on the Appalachian Trail. I was also falling in love.
The Appalachian Trail was incredible.
My heart was broken a couple of times over the next year or so.

I am 31 years old and I can't believe that time goes by so quickly.

I grow more and more in love with the students and families that I work with.

I saw 27 Dresses last night with a friend. It was pretty funny. Man, the main character was awkward! I love it when I walk out of a movie pleasantly surprised...but it also has got me thinking about life and everything that life is.

I am reading through the Psalms for Lent. And going to the gym for a minimum of 5 days a week. Yesterday my readings were incredible. Right on. Today, they were repetitive.

Some days suck.
Some days are so beautiful I can't breathe it all in enough.

As one of my friends wrote about a week ago - it really has more to do with connecting with our God and realizing the place we have in this world alongside others. Some of us need to encourage, while others need encouragement. Some of us need to talk, while others need to listen. Some of us need to rest, while others need to experience.

Life. It's different for all of us. But we all make an impact with every decision we make.

No comments: