Saturday, December 08, 2007

Diocese split and Love

I just read about the Fresno California Diocese that just split from the Episcopal church. They also just accepted an invitation to join the a conservative South American congregation of the Worldwide Anglican Communion. The Episcopal Church is the U.S. version of the global Anglican Communion.

Why did they split? This whole process began back in 2003 when the Episcopal church voted to allow an openly gay priest to be consecrated.

This whole process makes me a little sick to my stomach. If you go here you can read one of the articles. The reason why I picked this one is you get to see a good picture of the man that is leading this charge and below his picture it has a quote from him about leaving the Episcopal church so that they won't "
risk moral decay."

Ummmmm...I don't know if I have the words right now to write out all of my thoughts about this whole process but can a man that doesn't take care of his body as a temple(1st Corinthians 6:19) start pointing fingers at others???
Pray about this and love well.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

No comments: