Monday, October 15, 2007

Starting again...starting over...

It's a weird thought.

I'm in school again as of today.

Huntington University - Masters of Youth Ministry Leadership


I haven't done this officially in 8 years. When I graduated 8 years ago from FSU with a BA in Music Therapy - I had no idea when I would go to school again. I've always enjoyed school. Honestly, I think what I enjoyed the most especially as a kid was the social aspect. At FSU, I was less social and learned to enjoy great conversation with others about topics that intrigued us. I've been a voracious reader since I was in kindergarten, I can read a book straight through without stopping or it can take me a couple of months to read one but I like to have a couple that I am working on at all times, whether they are about theology or youth ministry or biographies or comedies or faith...I love to read. But if I am told to read for a class - something happens where I am just not as interested. It might be because I don't have the freedom to read it as I please and in the time that I feel like.

The definition of
Theology: human reflection on who God is and how God works in the world.

My first class is allowing me to process what my theological commitments are and how they do or don't affect my ministry with youth.

Yikes! I have a hard enough time remembering what the definition of theology is much less which ones I live by on a day to day basis. I know I have a theology - but it's hard for me to put into words what it is. And then remember what words I used.

Guess now is a good time to start!

Deep breath.

No comments: