Thursday, September 07, 2006

random thoughts from...

from - hmmmm...where do rambling thoughts come from? And are they just a waste of time? And if you waste that time - can you get it back?

I am in Atlanta at a conference - last weekend I was in North Dakota for the first time ever! I had the most amazing time! I went with one of my best friends, and we both travel similarly...lots of stops to look at everything possible...and so we laughed, cried a little, conversed, sat in silence and just absolutely enjoyed God's creation...we also went to Montana...so I could say I have been there, drove to Wyoming - and then to South Dakota...to the same area that my sister, brother in law, and I hiked last year. It was so fun to see the Black Hills from the car after hiking through those mountains! And then the Badlands...to stand on the edge - and to comprehend the fact that this land was once covered by water...and now it's barren and beautiful and the shadows and sun just danced over the rocks...I had a moment when all of the stuff that I have been holding on to for a while, my "should"ing on myself...was just released. I mean, if my God can keep my heart beating, and allow me to enjoy things like the badlands...why do I hold on to my fears, my uncertainties, my need to be perfect? So I have let go again, for the time being. I don't have to be on time, answer every call, be a listening ear for every person...and I know I am going to let a lot of people down...and I am going to be okay. And still loved.

No comments: