Sunday, April 09, 2006

I feel...

...that I write the same things over and over again - it could be that I am only writing on Sundays for now - and that means that I have been at church with my youth all day...so that tends to be what drives my writing on Sunday nights...

My computer is wigging out as well - AGAIN this week.

I just finished watching a movie called "The Edukators" tonight - it is a german movie about three 20 year olds that are trying to start a revolution by breaking into wealthy houses and reversing or stacking the furniture, they don't steal anything, and then they leave a note that says "You have too much money". It was really interesting. What was funny is that they mentioned that Germans watch 4 hours of t.v. a day now. Only 4 hours? When I lived there, in the 80's, they only had a few channels and they weren't all on the entire day - they would come on in the evening. According to the A.C. Nielsen Corp. the average amount of time the tv is on in America is 6 hours and 47 minutes!!! We even have the tv on when we aren't watching it - in addition to our online addiction(myspace, aol, im, livejournal, facebook, etc.), ipods...we are constantly needing stimulation.

I have been talking to the youth and parents at my church about myspace and how I don't think it is bad but it should be monitored...shoot, I think parents need to do a lot more monitoring. But that's easy for me to say, I am not a parent. Do our students even know how to have a real conversation and am I giving myself the excuse to not actually call someone because I can text, im, email or myspace them? Just send info - but not want a real conversation. I know that I am not the only one that sees this happening - but it's like it's happening so fast we don't know what to do...

Last week - I made a point to look for my "garden" - a place to get away and to "Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10. I am still working on that but I tell you what - I have had moments of clarity that I haven't had in a while. Today, in my small group we talked about where we fit into the kingdom of God - and I am supposed to listen, worship and pray. The listen - means listen to my youth, their parents and to God.

It's HOLY WEEK! Palm Sunday - my favorite holiday...I like it cause it has nothing to do with doing anything for another person...so it is all about being excited that Jesus enters Jerusalem and then in a week we are given the best gift ever. (I like Thanksgiving a lot too). Anyways, my prayer for all of us in this crazy world we live in, is that we do take time to stop(enter a certain song here) - and "Be still". I am encouraged and hopeful - and the best part is that I am not alone in all of this.

Truth...it really is out there - Faith...that is the real answer to so many questions. But that is the hardest answer to grab a hold of.

No comments: