Saturday, January 06, 2007

Moon, hope, and half marathons...from myspace

On my drive home from a sushi dinner with friends last night, I was absolutely struck with how gorgeous it was outside. I love to drive down Scenic Highway, I wish I could draw or explain what it looked like...the water was so peaceful and dark with the moonshine cutting through the darkness; it was one of those moments that I hope I can remember for a long, long time.
Everything was created through him;
nothing - not one thing! -
came into being without him.
What came into existence was Life,
and the Life was Light to live by.
The Life - Light blazed out of the darkness;
the darkness couldn't put it out. John 1:5

I ran a 2nd half marathon in 28 days this morning. I did much better - time wise - last month...but it was the first time I have ever done 2 back to back like this. So here's to new things - that's my new years resolution for this year. To try new things. A year ago - I was not doing well with my running. Basically, I just didn't want to. You know?! But now I just ran 2 1/2 marathons in one month. Yes.

What inspires you?
Inspire - to influence, move, or guide by divine or supernatural inspiration.

I don't have a clue about what 2007 holds for me. What I do know is that I allow myself to be distracted so that I don't see what is right in front of me sometimes. I don't want to miss it. I don't want to choose me. I want to choose Jesus. Prince of Peace. Truth. Love. Why is it so hard for us? I know it's not just me. We have to have every new thing and satisfy all urges - right now. And then move on to the next thing.
What amazing is that none of this is really about me. I can try to get it all right but I've, shoot, we've been given grace. I know that. I know. It falls on us all...it's a gift...
I pray that we learn this...receive it...and grab hold of it...walk in it - till we are all pruney with it. To see the world through our God's eyes and not get distracted.
But inspired.

No comments: