Saturday, November 26, 2005

To ask a question...from myspace

Why is it that so many times a Christian is on the side of defending their faith? Like I have something to prove…but I really don’t feel like I have anything to prove.

I want to live like Jesus.

Jesus, the man and Christ, who shares compassion, forgiveness, love and teaching with anyone, anyone who would let Him into their lives.

I sometimes feel apologetic for being a Christian, when I am around someone who isn’t. Especially if I don’t really know what their experience with Christians has been. So why do I want to apologize? I guess it is because a lot of Christians that I know and especially the ones who are very vocal – tend to come across as closed minded. But the reality is – a Christian normally believes in a virgin birth and the fact that Jesus is the Son of God and that He came back to life after He was crucified on a cross. That doesn’t sound closed minded to me. Crazy maybe, but not closed minded.

I know at this moment, that the more I study who Jesus is, the more I long to be like Him.

No comments: