Thursday, April 03, 2014

Sweet Potato Pancakes...dang.

I keep playing with recipes.  I'm still loving all the ideas I get from people on Instagram.  It's amazing how Instagram has become a place of fitness/cleaner eating encouragement.  If you are interested in seeing some - search #clean or #protein on Instagram.

The past few weeks I've been adding baked sweet potato to a lot of recipes recently.  I slice the sweet potato into rounds and then bake them till they are soft.  Then I add a few slices to my recipes.

Baked sweet potato slices!

My favorite way has been in my oat protein pancakes! (original recipe here)

I feel like I am cheating when I am eating!  So decadent and so flippin moist!  Seriously people - you should try them.

I added zucchini this morning too.

Want to try them?



Here's my Sweet Potato Zucchini Protein Oat Pancake recipe for one:

I mix all of this in my mini ninja that my amazing mom gave me for Christmas.

1/2 cup of old fashioned oats
1/2 scoop Vega Sport Vanilla
3 slices baked sweet potato
1 egg
1 tbsp ff yogurt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon or more to taste
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
6 tbsp of water

I also added 1/3 cup zucchini this morning.

Let sit for a few minutes.  Heat up pan and add 1/4 tsp coconut oil for each pancake you make.
Then eat!
My amazing mini Ninja

I topped mine with natural peanut butter today but that changes depending on my mood.
Breakfast this morning. So good!





No comments: