Thursday, June 13, 2013

Recognize. Turn back. Say thank you.

30 Hour Famine blog -

Last month I blogged about the practice of saying thank you as a spiritual discipline. So when Marko suggested that I use that same idea for my 30 Hour Famine blog - I spent some time figuring out how to line up what I am experiencing through this spiritual discipline in a way that would make sense and invite other youth leaders to try this practice for themselves.

I'm not sure if I got it quite as clear as I had hoped. But I really do believe that if we take the time to say thank you for all the things that we have - it helps to not take advantage.  The practice may not change a child's life in another country but it could change how we approach ministry...our youth...our day to day lives - which might possibly it change our lives and their lives in a small but significant way.

Ironically, the two days I was working on this blog have been filled with hard or sad news - personal and for a few friends.

Amazing how I'm challenged to continue to say thank you. Even if I'm not sure what to say thank you for yet.

Wanna read what I wrote for the 30 Hour Famine?  Check it out here:

http://www.30hourfamine.org/2013/06/recognize-turn-back-say-thank-you/

No comments: