Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fiords. Fiords. Fiords.

Saturday, October 24th

When I got up this morning I wasn't sure if I would spend the day
driving or do a short hole somewhere on my way towards Queenstown.
Queenstown is known to be the city for adrenaline junkies. You can do
so many crazy outdoor activities.

Once I got on the road though - I felt like driving. So I did. It
has been a gorgeous day. And except for a stop in one of the bungy
jumping sites...just to watch others- I completely drove right by
Queenstown.

I really wanted to get to the southern area with the fiordlands.

So I am currently in Te Anau- I booked a room at the YHA for tomorrow
night and I am going to start driving up towards Milford Sound. I
will camp at one of the Department of Conservation (DOC) campsites and
then do a dayhije onto the Routeburn Trail. I talked to the people at
the DOC info and that is what they recommend that I do for a short
visit. So I will hike on one of New Zealands great walks AND see
fiords. AND I am actually going to use my tent- since I brought it
all this way with me.

The drive up to Milford Sound is supposed to be amazing... So here I go!

Blessings.

No comments: