Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve...

Just reflecting on how quickly 2007 has flown by. I had planned to run 10 1/2 marathons this year and only made it to four because of pain in my feet. I have had two major foot surgeries and am hoping to be able to run at least 4 1/2 marathons in 2008. My first one will be the Country Music 1/2 marathon in Nashville in April.

Just in case you haven't talked to me since my surgery this past thursday, I am doing pretty well. Most importantly - I haven't fallen!!!! My new Dr. (Paul Brooks) did decide to straighten my 2nd toe even though he wasn't going to to begin with. He did it differently then my first Dr.(Mark Lambart) - Lambert put an implant/pin in my 2nd and 3rd toes - so that they are straight now. Brooks cut my 2nd toe and fused the bones together and I currently have an external pin. He also did the bunionectomy and removed a floating piece of bone from the side of my foot that he thinks I broke off a year ago while running. Nice huh.
I thought this surgery was going to be less intensive than the last one but that's not the case. I may even have a longer recovery period. :/

1 comment:

bethany said...

i'm in pensacola! maybe i can come see you this week as you recover