Monday, August 06, 2007

Golden Grahams have ridges!

What a summer. I could say that again.

What a summer. Breathtaking in ways that I could have never planned

Two trips to North Carolina, two trips to Virginia and one to Ohio - 3 of those trips were with my youth. One of them was really hard. The other two were flippin amazing. I stopped running about a month ago because I am finally able to admit my feet are falling apart but I was able to hike 45 miles last week in VA on one of the most beautiful sections of the Appalachian Trail. Which allowed me a chance to grieve some...the fact that I am going to have surgery on both of my feet over the next 4-6 months.

I have been extremely vulnerable with someone that I didn't expect to be. I have had two amazing friends move away in the past month. I got two job offers that I turned down. I am learning more and more that I am a soul...and with that knowledge comes joy, longing, ache, hope and for me a true desire for real and honest connection with other people. "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

I don't know what this next season of my life is going to hold. Love. Lot's of sitting. Calling out. Walking with others(cept not literally). Learning. Laughter. Truth.

I am going to stand alongside those of you that stand for truth and righteousness and Jesus in ways that I want to stand for as well. I want to learn from you to do things because my way is often not right. I want to dig deeper. I want to be transparant.

Lord, shine your light into my darkness and reveal to me and to others the ways that I am completely yours. Remove anything that blocks you from living in my life. I am sitting in expectation!!

No comments: