Monday, May 09, 2005

for the love...

Well, I ran my 2nd 1/2 Marathon last Saturday in Nashville, TN. I LOVED it!!! I did it in 2 hours and 15 minutes...which was 10 minutes faster than last year. It was also a great weekend for me to see people that I haven't seen since I left Nashville in December.
Then I left 2 days later to go to NYC for the 2nd time in my life - about 22 years after the first time...and I loved NYC. I ran 3 times in Central Park and walked all over the place...I was actually there to go to a Worship Conference with some people that I work with - but we all agreed to take advantage of as much as possible while we were there. So I went to Ground Zero, Wall Street, St. Anthony's Cathedral, FDR Building, Staten Island(On a ferry), walked from Brooklin across the Brooklin Bridge to Manhatten, China Town, Little Italy, Went to the top of the Empire State Building...Times Square, and I am sure much more!!! We saw "On Golden Pond" with James Earl Jones, "Spamalot" with David Hyde Pierce and Hank Azaria, "The Lion King" and "Altar Boyz". I spent a lot of time trying to soak it all in...it's hard to explain but I feel like I don't do a good job paying attention to everything that is going on around me.
I also spent some time this past week - really trying to figure out why I do certain things or feel certain ways...who am I really? Why do I have the insecurities that I do? Why am I am so sure my self at other times?
AND now I get to go hiking with my sister in a week...except that I am sick. Sick, sick, sick...either a flu or strep throat or I don't know...I just feel like my eyeballs are going to burn out of my head, my throat hurts SO much, I am coughing and my ears won't unclog...but I am going to work as hard as I can to get better. So let's see how this week turns out.

No comments: