Thursday, August 11, 2011

Will you help me fight Multiple Sclerosis???

It's that time again.  I am in the middle of training to run the Akron Roadrunner Marathon on September 24th!!!  And I am running this marathon to raise money and awareness for the National MS Society, the Ohio Buckeye Chapter.  I was so honored to be supported last year by so many of you - we raised over $3000 which at the time was the largest amount for RUN MS!!!  


Multiple sclerosis interrupts the flow of information between the brain and the body and stops people from moving. With the help of people like you, the National MS Society addresses the challenges of each person whose life is affected by MS and helps them stay connected to the great big moving world. I am writing to ask you to join the movement by kindly donating to this cause that is so dear to my heart.


Your help means so much to me and all of those who live with MS. It is because of fundraisers like these that my sister, Julia (who I'm running in celebration of) and the millions of others with this disease are able to lead a somewhat normal life. Please join me to end MS. Help the National Multiple Sclerosis Society’s ultimate mission of finding a cure possible, and, in the meantime, provide the crucial services to those living with multiple sclerosis.

Things are going to be a lot harder this year. The economy is at an all time low and many people are losing their jobs. These times are most likely negatively effecting you as well, which is why I understand if you cannot donate as much as you previously would have. Every little bit counts and adds towards our goal. I am asking you to visit my MS page at the following link:
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Run/OHAGeneralEvents?px=5065216&pg=personal&fr_id=15931

I honestly didn't know if I was going to be able to run a marathon again this year.  I really stopped enjoying running this past spring.  I've run multiple 1/2 marathons and marathons over the past 6 years and trained for them in the Florida heat and I really wanted a break.  But last week I decided that if my dad(who was diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia in 2006) can run a marathon every year and if my sister(who is living with Multiple Sclerosis, can run, bike, and tri multiple races this year)then I better get my happy tail out there and run!!!!   And honestly, I am excited about it!!!


Here's to running 11 miles tomorrow in the Florida humidity and heat - and here's to the National MS Society finding a cure!

Please invite your friends to join! ANY DONATION, big or small, helps. Your support means more than you will ever know!

No comments: