Thursday, November 22, 2007

My day of thankful...

Thankful - Function: adjective
1: conscious of benefit received
2: expressive of thanks
3: well pleased : glad

Are we conscious of benefit received? Am I? Or am I just well pleased most of the time...hmmmm...I think I am conscious of benefits received. Over and over. But I do appreciate a nationwide holiday to make me think it through for a day.

Here's what I am most thankful for today...

I am thankful for a family that loves me even when I am selfish and unlovable - where I have learned to honor others before myself and that when you go through hard times, well then it's just "character building". That we laugh a lot and move funny and make weird noises - yep, we all do that. My family inspires me. To try things that scare me and to try to bring change into this world we live in. I could say something about each one of them but today, after spending time with my cousin Ana - I want to say that I am thankful that she is able to break down walls with her creativity and spirit! I love it!

I am thankful for my friends. Who really know me and I really know. The ones that I can talk about soul matters right away. Yeah. I like that.

I am thankful for those of you that run with me - especially this past year. And for my Ohio friends that run with me and my family in our "now" annual runs! Especially the Thanksgiving Run for the Homeless 4 miler. I can't think of a better way to start a day of thankful then running with family and friends to raise money for others.

I am thankful for a church family that allows me to explore in my faith journey with Christ. And gives me the freedom to travel and go to school. Really.

I am thankful for my brokenness.

I am thankful for my sister. I just talked to her on the phone...she's my best friend!

I am thankful for music and for words.

I am blessed.

No comments: