Monday, November 05, 2007

learning...

I have been working on the same 2 page paper since Saturday. The reality is that I'm not really working on it...I've wanted to be back in school and I do love what I am learning and processing but when I have to put myself "out there" on paper it's hard to get it done.
It's far more fun to play on www.freerice.com OR http://www.godlimations.com/spotthedifference.html and waste time completely.

I'm hoping my paper will be about "Youth Ministry through stories". We were asked to write a paper describing a youth ministry model or method - that we can discuss when we meet in person in 2 weeks. The models that we had to read about already were...there were 7 I think...evangelism, Student leadership, community, family...umm, discernment, and two more. My theme for the summer was story. So I figured I could use that to base a youth ministry on. Learning our recognize OUR story and how it intersects with God's story and learning to write or tell our story with others and God in the future.

I love what Donald Miller says - when he talks about story. Just make sure that you are the main character in your own story...not a background character.

1 comment:

Adventures with MS said...

You are going to do great at your papers...you just have to get used to again.