Sunday, November 25, 2007

Integrity.

I'm a youth minister.
I work with the most amazing youth on the planet.
With adults that I think believe that I am crazy but they stand with me.
I feel like a failure more than not.
After nights like tonight - I am not sure if I am any good at what I do.
Integrity.
How do you talk about integrity when God loves me in spite of my divided life.
When most adults don't talk about integrity on a regular basis.
Integrity.
Who you are when no one else is watching.
I know many people who have integrity in specific things but I don't know anyone who has integrity in most things.

Speeding
Eating
Movies
Internet
Words
tests
pens
relationships
what else?

I'm not sure what the answer is - but I also want to be as open about my lack of integrity as well as my intent to live a life of integrity. And I know I can't do it on my own.

No comments: