Friday, May 26, 2006

limes and hot tamales...

What is it about meeting new people that makes you doubt who you are. I have been talking to a new friend...a lot. And it's funny cause I have shared a lot of what I believe that God has brought me through and vice versa...but I have a moment every couple of days where I regret everything that I have shared. Why is that? Why is it that when we are vulnerable we are sooooooo afraid that someone will reject us? I actually expect to be rejected. And how pathetic is that? I expect to be rejected but I also know that I have so much to offer to people...but for some reason I don't think people will see who I really am.

I am in Ohio for my birthday cause in 2 days I will celebrate my big 3-0. Yep, I am about to be 30. My best friend - Sandi who I have known since I was 14... so we have been friends longer than the age I was when I met her. Which is amazing. She sent me a "30 reasons why I love Emily" letter...and there is no way to express how much that means to me. She knows who I really am...there are a few of you that really know...my weaknesses and my strengths and my hopes and my fears and you still love me. I guess...I just want to say before I reach 30 years old I want to say thank you for loving me right where I am for the past couple of years...and here is to the another couple of decades.

No comments: